I wanted to start my 1st Cool Cover Competition since long but due to some commitments I could not do it earlier. The main purpose of this competition is to thank everyone who visits this blog and enjoys reading it. My regular visitors are of course my treasured friends.
It is just a way to thank all my collector and non-collector friends who have supported me in this journey of collecting.
For this Blog Competition we shall have a scoring system as mentioned below:-
1. Comment on My Cool Cover Collection Blog . Any post. 5 points per comment. Limited to 5 per day. (Comment must consist of at least 20 words)
2. Comment on my other two blogs: "My Cool Postcard Blog" & "I Love To Swap. Do You Too?". Any post. 10 points per comment. Limited to 10 per day. (Comment must consist of at least 20 words)
3. Comment on any other Collector's blog with a link to "My Cool Cover Collection Blog " . Post the link to my blog for verification. Any post. 10 points per comment. Limited to 10 per day.
4. Blog about My Cool Cover Collection Blog . Include 2 links, one to the homepage (http://mycoolcovercollection.blogspot.com/) and 1 to any post. 30 points
5. Link back to my homepage (http://mycoolcovercollection.blogspot.com/) with anchor text "My Cool Cover Collection Blog". 10 points
6. Blog about the contest and list the three blogs: My Cool Cover Blog , My Cool Postcard Blog & I Love To Swap. Do You Too? with links to the 3 blogs. 30 points!
It is NOT mandatory to use all the above methods to earn points. You can use the methods which are comfortable for you.
Comment here to let us know what you did and the total points due to you. This is important as I rely on this step to verify this and accord you with your accumulated points in this blog contest.
Here is the prize list. Be sure to visit all our blogs and comment on them!
Cool Winner #1
5 x Beautiful FDCs from Pakistan. (Will be posted anywhere in the World FREE of cost inside another envelope with Beautiful Stamps)
Cool Winner #2
3 x Beautiful FDCs from Pakistan. (Will be posted anywhere in the World FREE of cost inside another envelope with Beautiful Stamps)
Cool Winner #3
2 x Beautiful FDC from Pakistan. (Will be posted anywhere in the World FREE of cost inside another envelope with Beautiful Stamps or otherwise)
Cool Winner #4
2 x Scenic Postcards from Pakistan (All efforts will be made to meet the thematic requirements of the Winner)
Cool Winner #5
1 x Beautiful Postcard from Pakistan (All efforts will be made to meet the thematic requirements of the Winner)
5 of the Top 25 collectors will be picked up as Winners for a complimentary prize using a lottery system. (Surprise Gift)
This blog contest will end on August 20, 2009 at 11:59 PM (Blog Time) and the winners will be announced in a day or two thereafter. Thanks in advance for your support and participation.
Contest will end August 20, 2009 at 11:59 PM (Blog Time).
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Sunday, July 19, 2009
What a treat to watch your blog visitors grow while you are not getting much time to update it regularly. I'll soon try and upload many new covers and stamps on my blog. In the mean while, Stay Happy & Have Fun.
Feel free to visit my Postcard blog as well at "My Cool Postcard Blog"
Relax and Enjoy
Friday, July 3, 2009
Back after a brief pause.
Here is a beautiful cover with a commemorative postmark issued on the event of the 3rd Test Match between the cricket teams of traditional rivals on the pitch - Pakistan & India. The match took place in Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium from 13-17 Apr 2004. The cricket themed postmark shows a batsman playing a shot in front of the wickets.
A very strong Indian Team won the 3rd Test and marked their first test series win in Pakistan after 15 years against a then under-transition Pakistani Team. India won by an innings and 131 runs - Huge victory for them on Pakistani soil.
Since there was no special cover or stamp issued on the occasion and only a postmark was issued thus I have used a sports related cover (FIFA Centenary Celebrations 2004) and one of the stamp of the series of stamps issued for 9th SAF games, 2004 depicting two wrestlers in the ring.